Thursday 3 December 2009

Albums of the year: Camera Obscura- My Maudelain Career

Camera Obscura- My Maudelain Career

http://image.ebook30.com/data_images/2009/07/22/1248330010-000e557cmedium.jpegAlign Centre

01 French Navy
02 The Sweetest Thing
03 You Told a Lie
04 Away With Murder
05 Swans
06 James
07 Careless Love
08 My Maudlin Career
09 Forest and Sands
10 Other Towns and Cities
11 Honey in the Sun

Essential Downloads: 1, 5, 8

I've posted about camera obscura enough times for you to hopefully know what to expect from them and this album is exactly that. Gorgeous and insiteful vocals from Traceyanne Campbell draped over 50's highschool disco guitars, keys and brass. Everyone seems to say this or get out of this country is their best album so there ya go, I prefer Underachievers but this album is good enough to be one of the albums of the year, it's what you need this winter, comfort and warmth and CO always deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment