Monday 4 January 2010

dd/mm/yyyy

http://www3.timeoutny.com/newyork/thevolume/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/pressphoto-300x270.jpg

Sometimes I write up somebody simply because they have a great name. This is one of those occasions. From the impulsiveness that brought you UUVVWWZ and !!! I bring you dd/mm/yyyy which is pronounced day month year. Firstly I thought 2 days, 2 months and 4 years would've been a nice swing on that but still, you gotta like it. Plus they're from canada and I have certain duties.

I can imagine live they're a great time, on record they sound like testicicles and personally I didn't 'get' them. DDMMYYY have supported crystal castles on tour and if you think of a great band to warm you up for watching CRYSTAL CASTLES then you'll get a pretty good idea of what these guys are like.

You can hear all manner of material on their last.fm and they're playing the jericho in oxford at the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment