Tuesday 24 November 2009

The Unicorns- Who will cut our hair when we're gone?



The Unicorns- Who will cut our hair when we're gone?

1. "I Don't Wanna Die" – 2:03
2. "Tuff Ghost" – 2:57
3. "Ghost Mountain" – 3:10
4. "Sea Ghost" – 3:42
5. "Jellybones" – 2:43
6. "The Clap" – 1:26
7. "Child Star" – 5:21
8. "Let's Get Known" – 1:57
9. "I Was Born (A Unicorn)" – 2:45
10. "Tuff Luff" – 4:19
11. "Inoculate the Innocuous" – 5:18
12. "Les Os" – 3:32
13. "Ready to Die" – 1:42

Essential Downloads: 2, 5, 9, 13

I can't believe I haven't posted about the unicorns yet?! I LOVE this album. I fell for it in my first year at university when I had quiiiiite bad insomnia lol the nights I remember lying in bed with the radio on hearing about john prescott in celebrity big brother, doing my ironing at 4am, reading reading and reading everything i could find.

Well all that was until I found this album! I'm not saying it's boring and will make you sleep ha but because the time signatures are so complex, if you're not concentrating while listening to it your brain will become exhausted trying to keep up. Now, if you DO pay attention it's amazing to listen to, experimental, unique and awesome. The lyrics are actually quite brilliant and introspective if you pay attention to them but no matter what your state of conscious is it's a special album.

No comments:

Post a Comment