Saturday 7 November 2009

To write love on her arms

http://c2.api.ning.com/files/tR8vtJAVT0St4cIRFX4wgQtm9OjBxe8sjjLMG9WRH7OKfPE59KWYZnaORb1VAcHoffxCPrzkvTnYCFCAJN8oSmzosW7I29dX/twloha.jpg


One thing that strikes me when looking through my blog stats like an ego maniac is that my TWLOHA posts are very popular. I think about the organisation every day as well as being affected by the issues surrounding it both in the past and in day to day life. I wanted to do another post but not so much to capatalise on its popularity but to give a few quotes, ideas and a bit of music that I find inspiring and if anyone comes across this page when they're not feeling great then hopefully this will help a bit. These stories are from my memory.

7th July 2007

I was driving through the city and had to stop when I heard this story. It was on the second anniversary of the london bombings and a woman who had lost her daughter had called in to radio 5 to share her experience of the last two years and give hope to those affected. First she told what happened on the day and the emotions and helplessness she felt for the next year. She went to london a year after to join the memorial but there were too many people there and she felt uncomfortable so she sat down on some steps she was standing near and, at 8.50am cried for an hour. Exhausted she got a taxi back to the train station and on the way told the driver why she was there, he asked her where she lived and she told him where, which was around 150 miles away. He told her he would drive her there, she said there was no way she could afford that and he told her to get comfortable and not to worry about paying anything, "I want you to know that there are still good people in the world".

John Denver- Poems, Prayers and Promises


Around about last december I watched the john denver biopic and there's a scene where a girl is talking to her psychiatrist, who is john's ex wife and she recognises her and she reminds her she's there to talk to her about herself, she says she is; because she was going to kill herself but something made her turn on the radio, maybe to drown out the thoughts etc but at the last moment she heard this song and it spoke to her, gave her hope. I feel the same way about this song, when i first heard it i probably listened to it 200 times the next day.

And finally one thing that resounds with me is this,

"I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't take drugs. Not talking to anyone is what will kill me"

Remember-

The vision is the possibility that your best days are ahead.

The vision is the possibility that we're more loved than we'll ever know.

The vision is hope, and hope is real.


You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment