Tuesday 24 March 2009

Moderation

Ah so TWO of my posts over the weekend were straight up deleted! Had killer tracks on too and also meant that it messed up the whole schedule so there's a big gap between posts. So there you go moderation.

The other day I worked out in the gym for 2 hours and then did 100 lengths in the pool. This is not moderation. Nor is how many times I've told people.

Because of this travesty I'm going to do two today, this also because death cab are bringing out a new ep this week and it's my duty to document that in the most arrogant and elitest way :)

I may have mentioned that I was thinking of doing an indie/rock playlist, bottom line is I have no idea of torrents so I don't think I'm going to do it now, the main reason being it might mess up some of the tagging in my itunes because there's 40% that are already on there which I would have to retag seperately and then the new tracks which I also want on my ipod but not tagged the way it would be in a torrent and as for torrents- i don't have a clue!

Also yesterday was a nightmare trying to batch upload these. So i'm just going to do them the tried and tested individual way as much of a chore it is, it's reliable and I don't have to be anywhere til 3pm. So these are a bunch of tracks I would have included in the playlist...

I don't think I'm going to do it now, the main reason being it might mess up some of the tagging in my itunes because there's 40% that are already on there which I would have to retag seperately and then the new tracks which I also want on my ipod but not tagged the way it would be in a torrent and as for torrents- i don't have a clue!

It's bothering me about that post getting deleted I'm thinking it maaaaay have been because I posted a track by jack white's new band "the dead weather" and the guy is an asshole. I'm pretty certain taht's it because of what happened with that leak that time. But i'm telling you don't ever pay for anything Jack White or his record label ever makes, they are what is wrong with music.

The Rakes- 1989

Recorded in a studio owned by a former fashist dictator, the rakes latest album sees them return to what made their first album good, it seems their surroundings made them remember why it's awesome being in a band. Check it.

Michachu and the shapes- Lips

I saw Mica, who evidently was a talented kid who grew up to play hoovers and make scrunchy faces when she sings, supporting late of the pier. It was an intense gig and fortunately their songs are more accessible than her past suggested. They were right next to me while I rocked out to LOTP if I knew they were on the verge of indie acceptance I probably would have made a pathetic attempt to gain favour :)

Bonnie "prince" billy- Beware your only friend

Bonnie Prince Billy's latest offering in his recent... EDIT: That verb was way too descriptive!... Umm "smattering" of albums over the past few years was as ever received to mixed reviews, it seems the general consensus is either you think he's pointless or so important that he renders other artists redundant. Either way this is a good track.

Asher Roth- I love college

The first track I heard by "the REALLY white eminem" was a track where he talk about which cartoon characters he would like to have sex with... It sounds way funnier than it was. This however, is just as awesome as it sounds, all the things you loved about college (which is what north americans call any post high school education) drink, drugs, sex, no responsibilities, partying I could go on all day in this semantic field. Bottom line is if university wasn't the best time of your life you're probably a rock star.

Art Brut- Alcoholics Unanimous

Eddie Argos returns with Art Brut and their assault on English-German relations with a third album, this track is a coffee and tea promoting attack on this nation's favourite mistress- Drinky Winks!!

The other post had bands like trail of dead and joe lean in and other bands with stupid names i guess it wasn't that great, just don't get why it was deleted.

A closing note: Fuck me- I hate jack white.

No comments:

Post a Comment