Sunday 4 October 2009

Broken Social Scene- Anthems for a seventeen year old girl
















Anthems for a seventeen year old girl

I'm no seventeen year old girl but I think this song is wonderous. Broken Social Scene take more research than any other in terms of all their music and members and then each member's music and then the solo albums, I have most of the stuff and metric have a special place from 2005-2006 for me and I like feist sometimes. I've gone on a little bit recently about how lucky we are to exist in these times and social scene are a pretty good example of another group of highly talented people in it for the music.

But this post isn't about BSS, it's about this song. On record it sounds nice but here's a video of BSS singing it as a closing encore with emily haines, amy millan and leslie feist, it's quite euphoric and makes the recording that little bit more great.





I'm going to be posting more about older music than usual cos last month I listened to new music pretty much constantly and I need to bring it back for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment