Thursday 7 May 2009

Greenday 21st century breakdown leaked

You can stream the leaked tracks from greenday's new album here

lol i'm up at 5am writing this blog!















Green Day- 21st century breakdown (2009)

I've never been a fan of greenday, barely even in passing. I mean I liked basketcase and... well that's pretty much it. I ignored all the hype around the last album because hey, i'm not american so wasn't particularly resonate (the usual (/e) vowel sound in that word in accordance with the IPA is (/U).

But let me tell you, I've got great things to say about this album, I've labelled it the most culturally relevant of this decade and what's more the most ambitious and potential realising of the past 20 years. As well as the 3 cd package rumour has it they're looking to play the entire album back to back, live. I mean that's unprecedented. I've already got my tickets.

So yeah, yesterday 6 tracks from the new album leaked. I'm downloading them right now and will let you know what I think of THEM. But what I think of the leak- intentional. You either leak it all or none at all, and I think leaking 6 tracks at a time is a genius idea, it lets the fans get used to a few tracks at a time so they'll know them all backwards by the time the tour hits and with the uniqueness and importance of this album most people will buy it anyway as if you just have the mp3s you're going to be missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment